Do’s And Don’ts For Fundraising Emails
Suppose you have an attractive email design with compact content, but is that enough for a fundraising campaign? Know a number of strategies to amp up your donation charts shared below:
Sort your list before you begin
Contacts that do not meet the aforementioned criteria may unsubscribe or designate your message as spam when they get it. Your emails are also more likely to end up in spam folders and never reach the intended recipients.
You’ll need a neat email list before starting out your fundraising campaign. Which means –
- The email address is not faulty and validated.
- The subscribers are more engaged with clicking on your emails frequently.
In fundraising emails with non profit tags, it’s important to double check consent existence on whether they have explicitly accepted to receive your donation solicitations by email. Otherwise, there might be risks in facing substantial fines, depending on the local data protection regulation.
Personalize your message
In today’s world, personalization is not limited to using the donor’s name only. You have to utilize whatever comes in handy from your contact information, to design your fundraising emails in a way that it seems appealing to individual contacts. For example, gift amounts can be suggested based on the last given donations.
Another idea is to deliver a slightly changed version of your email to several groups within your contacts using a simple division option. To explain further, you can customize your writing for:
- Fresh donors and supporters
- Principle donors who have made considerable donations to your organization
- Timely donors
- Different characteristics, such as age groups
Build an unavoidable subject line for fundraising emails
First impressions last the longest, so you better make the subject line of your email count, as that’s the first and foremost your subscribers are going to view. It can either be a deal breaker or a game changer for your open rate.
Some tips for subject lines are given here:
- Limited — Sometimes you are restricted to 60 characters or even less, and it will cut off for the rest of the lines. So, you are required to make your line short.
- Fascinating — Give your contacts a reason to click open your email, like an intriguing question or a fact with actual data, which may interest your contacts to know more.
- Prioritize — Use vocabulary like “now”, “urgent” to get your recipients to react soon.
Genuineness is also a major factor when talking in a nonprofit subject. Though urgency and piquing interest is necessary, it is important to know how not to overdo anything especially about donation requests. Over-selling your campaign may be viewed as hawking and result in turning off the audience.
There is a right time for every mail
Assuming you are all set to sail, only one question remains, what is the best time for sending off your fundraising requests?
You guessed right! your timing can decide whether your emails are being clicked open and making an impact on donations or tossed in the junk.
The better strategy is to know your audience and send the same email, scheduled differently to check which one brings the most positive responses. Later imply the experiences in future campaigns.
Boost Your Email Fundraising With Masjid Solutions
You’ve got the expertise, all you require now is an email marketing software that can make the job done and Masjid Solutions is the solution. We have the resources you need.
Our offer provides you with the following benefits:
- Limitless contact storage.
- Aiming for campaigns with simple yet effective list management.
- Personalization options will allow you to customize content for individual contacts.
- A drag-and-drop email builder to fashion your mobile-adaptive, professional campaigns in no time.
- A cooperative team of advocates is available via email anytime.
Choose us and worry less at your next fundraising event. Contact us now! Call or text us at +13178540207. You can also mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org